Data In Architecture
- Architecture is designed to allow the flow of data.
- Data is the most important asset in architecture.
- Authentication, authorization, encryption, and certificates, exist to protect data.
- Protocols are used for communication or to reach data.
- Confidentiality, integrity, and availability, are about data.
- Traceability, logging, and auditing are about data.
- Data can be presented or transported in different formats.
- Always consider two kinds of data: internal (ex: a database) and in transit.
- When you design an architecture, think first about data.